Masterprogram i Asienstudier
The aim of this interdisciplinary programme is to provide our students with advanced knowledge about contemporary issues in Asia. Students gain expertise on contemporary Asian societies and are able to specialise, based on the regional, thematic and disciplinary focus they choose. Most of our students carry out fieldwork in an Asian country of their choice. The students have the option of being affiliated with one of our partner universities in China (Peking University), Japan (Waseda University), South-East Asia (Kebangsan University) or India (Tata Institute of Social Sciences).
As a student on this programme you will:
- learn to analyse complex issues related to social, cultural, political and economic developments in Asia, and acquire the capacity to analyse their causes and interrelations, and to propose possible solutions, as well as identify future trends and developments
- gain the ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting and in a multicultural international environment
- learn to plan and use appropriate methods, undertake advanced tasks within predetermined time frames and so contribute to the formation of knowledge and evaluation
- gain the skills required for work in research, government agencies or employment in some other qualified capacity
- be able to demonstrate knowledge about scientific communication channels and be able to monitor the knowledge development within the field of Asian Studies.
Graduates of the MSc Programme in Asian Studies have a number of career opportunities available to them after their graduation. Many graduates continue to doctoral studies at universities throughout Europe and beyond. Currently our graduates are enrolled in doctoral programmes in a wide range of fields including political science, economic history, service management, demography, international relations, legal studies, and sustainable development. We also have students who continue in academia as programme managers for study courses, international coordinators, and research assistants. Some of our students work in government administration, for example, Foreign Ministries, the Nordic Council of Ministers, embassies and various UN agencies. Other students obtain employment in NGOs around the world, for example, the Asia Foundation, the Red Cross, and Oxfam. In the private sector we find our graduates employed as business analysts, consultants, project leaders, project coordinators, business developers, brand managers, company directors, freelance journalists and newspaper editors.
Mer om utbildningen hittar du på http://www.ace.lu.se/master
- Sista ansökan
Fakta om utbildningen
- 120,0 hp
- 100 %
- Konst och Media, Juridik och Rättsväsen, Naturvetenskap och Matematik, Länderkunskap
- Lunds universitet